Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) System
Basic Function In ANPR
- Capture an optimized image of the car(s).
- Process the optimized image to segregate & read the license plate(s).
- Store the recognized image in the database.
There are numerous software features:
- High Recognition Rate.
- High Recognition Speed (<0.2s).
- Supporting Multiple Lane Motion Detection.
- Standardized Resolution of 720*480 (NTSC) to provide higher accuracy.
- Vehicle counter feature.
Camera Specifications (General)
- Mounted approx. 36 inches from the height of the street/ lane.
- As straight on without being in the line of travel.
- Recording at a resolution of 30fps.
- Settings in the On-Screen Display (OSD) to eliminate interference from light sources – likes headlights or taillights.
- Varifocal lens for narrowing the field of view to just over a single lane’s width.
- Availability of Rs. 485 connection that goes back to the DVR and controls the OSD remotely.
Two most common types of cameras used are:
- Bullet Camera.
- Box Camera.